In my opinion QR Codes are the biggest innovation to hit the print world since color ink!
The reason I say this is that recent reports show many sites have more people access websites from mobile devices than from a PC. QR Codes are for print what hyperlinks are for online. Imagine a simple little scan from a mobile device and your client, prospect or participant will land directly on your product or service that you desire. “It’s that simple”! No more typing into a small phone QWERTY keyboard is enough incentive to put a QR Code on every direct mail piece you can. The “KEY” QR Code use is to make it simple for your audience. With the enormous amount of smart phones on the market, which is rapidly growing the QR Code will be around for a very long time.
- Engage recipients when they are on-the-go
- Prompt response to shorten response times ~ Instant interaction
- Reduce the amount of printed material on printed piece
- Promote sale items, services, events etc in real time
- Use a capture page to gather leads or get surveys
- Streamline the process to your landing page
- Establish that you are tech-saavy
- Encourage social media interaction on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Analytics and real time stats on how many access your material via mobile device
- The list goes on and on…